Caterpillar Communication Adapter (data link ) original new, dealer diagnostic for all Caterpillar Equipment, Caterpillar Engines, etc.
Caterpillar Communication Adapter III is the latest generation of the CAT Communication Adapter group, and replaces the CAT Comm Adapter II. This is the only recommended communication device for CAT, and the only datalink device that will allow you to properly communicate with Caterpillar engine on dual datalinks. This function is needed for some CAT ET (Electronic Technician) functions.
The set includes:
- CAT Comm Adapter III
- CD for installing the drivers
- USB Cable (From device to your computer)
- J1939/J1708 Cable (from device to your truck)
- Catepillar ET (Electronic Technician) Dealer version
Caterpillar Electronic Technician (Cat ET) is a service tool designed to run on a personal computer (PC) under Microsoft Windows. It will communicate with the Electronic Control Modules (ECMs) through a communication data link thus allowing you to diagnose existing and potential problems, configure the product, and obtain data for analysis.
With this service tool, you can:
View active and logged diagnostics
View events where irregularities occurred and were logged by the ECM
View the status of a group of parameters (temperatures, pressures, etc.) simultaneously
Record and log performance data
Graph a group of status parameters
View the current configuration of an ECM
Change ECM configurations
Perform diagnostic tests
Print reports and diagnostic results
For some machine and engine products, additional functionality has been included with the service tool program.
-diagnostic program Caterpillar ET.
This unit is for all Caterpillar models with electronic controls and is a must have. It is European Union compliant, CE marked.
* Replaces 171-4400 Communication Adapter II Group
* Used to monitor communication between engine and PC, using service tool programs such as Caterpillar Electronic Technician.
* Comes complete with cables, manual, software CD, and hard plastic carrying case.
* Light weight and portable.
* RP1210A compliant.
* Designed to run with Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT and XP
* Ready to use, just install software program onto PC using provided CD
* Allows communication between service tools and engine controls usin gvarios data lins such as J1939/11, DeviceNet (future release), CAT DataLink, and J1708 (ATA) vehicle networks.
* Flash program allows adapter fimrware uupgrades as additional features become availible.
* Uses J1939/11, high-speed data link (part of ADEM III controls), substantially reducing flash times.
* Automatically selects J1939/11 when flashing the engine (reduces the flash time approximately 80%, from 14 minutes to 3 minutes).
Caterpillar Communication Adapter III USB Kit
- Product Code:
- Availability: In Stock